View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been going through similar, "only" on the feet since 1999. On good days I can just function. Bad days are heel on wheels. I've been through 3 blocks of 15 sessions of acupuncture that helped a bit, especially with OTHER problems such as chain migraines and back problems but also helped return some feeling to the complete numbness of my feet. this unfortunately turned into a massive over-sensitivity that I've been fighting against for the last 5-6 years.

After having been told, that there was nothing that could be done way back when, I decided to go again to a new neurologist and she was able to determine that there had been a slight degeneration, which she categorized as the good news, since it should have been a lot worse after 14 years. I'll be having a blood work done again with hopes it'll point to something - my pnp is ideopathic. In the meantime she's prescribed 30mg Cymbalta which has had mixed results. Some reduction of pain, but now I've got problems with nausea, dizziness, inability to sleep well at night and tiredness during the day.

Now two things that has been a great help has been my wife, who has been more sympathetic and supportive than I deserve and ... my dog. When I "work" with her (my dog) the oxytocin flows and I can put aside the pain for a little while. The "work" we do is play, tricks, K9freestyle, tug, retriever kisses. And yes, the pain is worse afterwards, but she comes over for chin rubs and that too helps. Dogs are not for everyone, but if you are a dog, cat, bird, goldfish person, the moments of relief I do get I can only wish on those in a similar position, because despite everything, she helps me want to keep going.
musicofnote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-20-2013)