View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Waiting to hear from insurance!

Hi!

I got a concussion back on 2/5/13. I fainted in the shower falling onto the right side of my forehead on the edge of the tub. Then as my husband helped me out of the tub I fainted again this time whacking the right side of the back of my head! 2 concussions for the price of 1! So, I have been having terrible migraines that give me head pain and vertigo, double vision, poor visual tracking, nystagmus, tinnitus, fatigue, balance issues and left sided weakness. I had a 4 day hospital stay, and when I was discharged, the dr cleared me to go back to work the next Tuesday.

Well, he we are, 3 months later, and first my family dr said I couldn't go back to work after he saw me. Then, I saw a neurologist who would not clear me and actually is recommending a stay at a rehab center in our area! 2 months ago I asked if I could see a PT for my balance issues. After I saw her, she recommended a speech eval for me because of foggy thinking, word finding issues, attention issues,memory stuff. And then I also was asked to see an OT for my left hand, which is my dominant hand, yet weak and very uncoordinated right now!

So all of this is totally freaking me out! It's so crazy! And people don't seem to understand because you look normal on the outside! My anxiety level is super high!!! I'm so afraid of losing my job too! I was just accepted for long term disability, but hope I don't have to use it very long!

So, I had an eval by a physiatrist at Bryn Mawr Rehab, along with PT and OT and they all recommended an intensive rehab stay so I could get OT, PT, vision, speech and neuropsych. But, the dr also said that insurance may close the door on that idea and make me stay outpatient. I do have a limit on outpatient visits per year.

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? The dr really wonders how the hospital discharged me without follow up to begin with, and thinks I should have been sent to rehab from the start.

Also, extreme fatigue anyone??

Thanks, wendy
wendya2J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote