View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As the mother of three boys, I can attest to the difficulty of trying to parse out normal stresses of young children, the aftermath of mtbi/pcs, and the endless doubts from the tracking of triggers to avoid relapses common with pcs.

Your dream state sounds like the brain fog or mechanical motions that we go through with pcs. We often feel adynamic and passive, even though we are doing things, we do it at a default or unconscious state of motion.

You sound like you are trying to return to "normal" (work, home, health), but the slogan "it's a marathon not a sprint" from experienced forum posters should provide advice on going slow and resting often.

Your brain suffered trauma-even if the MRI, CT scans are clear. Each person's response will be a unique journey onto itself of juggling the demands of others and self-care.

The vitamin list, L-tryptophan, walking, ear plugs (even with children around), sun glasses, much rest, no multi-tasking, daily notes/schedules, prism glasses and small daily challenges have helped.

You will need to find professional and personal support to help you through this time. I think I would be back to work in 3 months-and now at 10 months my long term disability was just approved.

This forum has been so instrumental in my keeping hope and finding great advice. Be well!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussion (05-12-2013), poetrymom (05-12-2013)