View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dom,

Its ok.

You are experiencing alot of what happens with concussions and PCS/mTBI.

Really read that Brainline link, it offers quite alot of information.

Try to check thru the threads, there are others with more information about Executive Disconnection Syndrome, etc. which may also be some of what you may be experiencing.

You sound to have a good team of folks working with you - Neurologist, Physiatrist, PT, OT, Speech Pathology, NeuroPsych.... keep them involved and actively working with you as you can.

Quote:
Is it still just concussion... Is it my mind playing tricks do I need to put it straight? I'm really trying to keep a positive mental attitude, especially when I see glimpses of me ;-)
<< Yes it is a Concussion, and PCS - it is thought that the Brain's Plasticity allows for a process of reworking pathways, remodeling (if you will ) the injured axons to reroute the signals of what is to be a new response pathways, it will take time, time , time - flashes might be part of that, won't be consistent, will be different, can be confusing - who knows........no one really.....its one of the reasons you will hear everyone saying: REST, free of stimuli, REST.

You cannot rush the process, thus berkeleybrain's slogan note " its a marathon, not a sprint" .

Best Wishes............

Current: Changes of more insomnia, new reviews with findings of more Depression, tremors, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of focus, fatigue; SSDI - accepted on Depression, Cognitive Deficits; Seizures ruled out, mTBI changes including cognitive slowing/lapses.
Medication update: Topamax 200mg twice daily it seems to minimize daily headaches to a 1-2/10 quality(I still know they are there); and acute headaches erupt without warnings.
Concussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote