View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First you need to get an attorney to reapply for social security disability. Do this "on contingency" meaning you don't pay him anything. He gets his fee when you win. He takes it from your award, and can't get any more than 25%. If you don't win, he doesn't get anything.

Now, you have to realize that surgery is ONLY for mechanical problems. It's NOT for pain. Chances are you will still have the same pain or worse after surgery. So don't expect to be pain-free after surgery.

And even tho you had an MRI in 2011, you definitely need a NEW one. You need one with and without contrast material. X-rays are no good as they don't show soft tissue like the discs. If they told you that the discs were pushing on the cord, that's not good, but alot depends on how MUCH they're pushing on the cord.

It's awfully funny to have the neurosurgeon tell you that the arm pain is NOT related to the neck, but the HAND falling asleep and weakness IS! How can that be true?? It would seem the ARM AND THE HAND would ALL be related!

I'd advise you to see a lawyer as soon as you can to get this disability claim going as soon as you can. And like I said, make sure it's on "contingency." Then the lawyer will get all your medical records and take it from there.

I wish you the very best. Take care and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote