View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

well i do have a lawyer and i did get approved in 2008for a back period when i didnt couldnt work and i won it so how i am being denied now when evrything is WORSE then before is beyond me, i have the same lawyers now as i used before too. and i have had TWO mris one in 2011 and one a month ago. in 2011 it was NOT pressing on my spinal cord only buldging.
The surgeon said if the pain is like mine when u PRESS it and it hurts then its not from my disc problems..if it was another kind of pain then YES it would be from that. acdf surgery is for mechanics only? not pain? WHAT??? i am confused..i get flareups where i cant move for days at a time usually triggered by sitting at pc too long or cleaning my floor havent been able to do these for years now because when i do the pain is excruciating. and when i have flare ups i am UNABLE to move my neck/head at all hurts to hold my head up most of the time thats why i have to constantly go lay down. also burns when my pain meds wear off.
i am confused as to why people have this surgery if not for neck pain? i would never have it done just cuz i have weakness in my hands never no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
First you need to get an attorney to reapply for social security disability. Do this "on contingency" meaning you don't pay him anything. He gets his fee when you win. He takes it from your award, and can't get any more than 25%. If you don't win, he doesn't get anything.

Now, you have to realize that surgery is ONLY for mechanical problems. It's NOT for pain. Chances are you will still have the same pain or worse after surgery. So don't expect to be pain-free after surgery.

And even tho you had an MRI in 2011, you definitely need a NEW one. You need one with and without contrast material. X-rays are no good as they don't show soft tissue like the discs. If they told you that the discs were pushing on the cord, that's not good, but alot depends on how MUCH they're pushing on the cord.

It's awfully funny to have the neurosurgeon tell you that the arm pain is NOT related to the neck, but the HAND falling asleep and weakness IS! How can that be true?? It would seem the ARM AND THE HAND would ALL be related!

I'd advise you to see a lawyer as soon as you can to get this disability claim going as soon as you can. And like I said, make sure it's on "contingency." Then the lawyer will get all your medical records and take it from there.

I wish you the very best. Take care and God bless. Hugs, Lee
krisinua is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote