Thread: birth defects
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I have congenital cervical stenosis, but no cervical ribs. I have a cousin who I believe has TOS symptoms and we recently discovered she has cervical ribs. I don't believe she has cervical stenosis.

While it definitely sounds congenital, I don't think there is any known genetic syndrome to describe your specific case (spinal stenosis and cervical ribs).

This life isn't fair, we've just got to play the cards we are dealt. I think you just have to deal with each issue separately, which is what I've done.
I agree about playing cards I got. I am doing fair considering. Cervical ribs are REALLY uncomfortable. When I was young I had a DEEP pressure in my chest. I had high anxiety from it......I got sick all the time as it affected my immune system too. Nobody did a chest x-ray, so was under the radar until I was 38. Which is probably better because if they would have connected my illness with the extra ribs and tried to fix me 30 years earlier I would not be here today. So everything worked out for the best.

Funny thing....I was born in rosewell, new mexico LOL...hahahaha thats just great, cause I am really a alien.

nospam: If your cousin has cervical ribs I guarantee you she is uncomfortable. C-ribs cause pressure as everything at bracial plexus is being squashed. Even if you don't have the surgery to get them out scar tissue builds up due to just pressure. I had terrible scar tissue all over the place when doctor tried to fix me. I didn't understand why I had scar tissue before surgery?? My doctor said the pressure caused it. Anyway, just FYI.

I take a very powerful natural anti-inflammatory which helps tremendously. I am now able to keep inflammation out of bracial plexus. Before I found the anti-inflammatory I could feel the heat coming off my plexus.....could have cooked a burger on it. lol

I think if I had had the anti-inflammatory back before surgeries I think I could have maybe prevented alot of pain. I had to have surgeries due to circulation problems......the surgeries were painful, then after surgeries searing pain was much better but I had new pain from the surgery. The way I am now is much better than losing my fingers and hands due to no circulation!!!!

Good luck to everyone here. thanks for comments......it is nice actually talking to people who has experienced similar difficulties.
cheryl1593 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (05-13-2013)