Thread: MS and Pain
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default MS and Pain

I've never really had much pain with my MS. But lately I've been having pain in my hands, legs and hips.

I attribute the leg and hip pain to my gait. It just stands to reason that it would eventually make me ache in those areas.

My hands are different, though. It's more of a deep in the bones type pain. My right hand is numb so it feels different than the pain in my left hand. It's so hard to explain all the different "feelings" of pain I have.

I've been diagnosed since 2005 but feel I've had MS many years before that.

For those of you who experience daily pain is this just par for the course? Does it take a while before pain becomes an everyday thing?

I've brought this up to my Neuro before and he sort of just shrugs his shoulders and says that's just part of MS.

I don't take any heavy duty pain meds. Just Tylenol and Aleve and they seem to help......for now. I do take Baclofen for spasticity in my legs at night.

Besides PT what have you found that helps?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote