View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dom,

Actually, the research shows that there is no direct connection between length of LOC (Loss of Consciousness) and severity of the injury. Ten minutes does sound like a long time but the medics were able to arouse you when they arrived. I would not worry about those 10 minutes.

You are still early in your recovery. Being anxious about your mental senses is not productive. Try to find some very simple stimuli to keep your brain active. I suggest activities that are limited by manual functions. The hands have a limit to how fast they can function. This speed is very appropriate for an injured brain.

Playing card games (Solitaire) or other games with more manual effort than mental effort will be good. Crafts can be helpful. Learning to knit or sew can be beneficial. The objective is to do things that are not impacted by this mental fog.

Watch the "You Look Great" You Tube video series listed at the bottom of the Vitamins sticky. It will help you and your family understand your condition. Take life slow. Don't try to push through the fog. Instead, find activities to be busy with even though you are in a fog. Try to find activities that change often so you do not feel stuck on autopilot.

And, please feel free to share anything with us. There are lots of great people here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote