View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybro View Post
why is that? please.
Heybro,

After 40 sum years, I am 66 y.o., I am having surgery with Dr. Donahue on 5/21 at MGH. I am having my pre-op tomorrow after a 45 min appt with him. He has not promised me the moon. He's not sure after all these years what he will find. I have done everything in my power and that I can afford on disability to help myself with the tos. My kids were panicky about the op. I calmed them down and told them how I feel. What if I can, swim, ride a bike, play a guitar. What if I can reach up and out and hold a new born baby. I want to have the chance to see if this op. works for me to have some kind of a life excluding sitting around watching tv and looking at the four walls. I want to be able to tell my friends I can go, dancing with them or sit on a blanke at a picnic and listen to a concert. I don't know, I don't have many years left, however if I could enjoy them doing things I have not done in 40 years I'll take it. Even it it's only a couple of things. I know you use Dr. D too. I did not have luck with the botox etc. My muscle was so tight while trying to inject them they almost didn't get the needle in. I hope I will be able to tell you that things worked out well for me and even tho we are all different it may give you something to think about. I have to go now, pc pain. I'm glad you came out and spoke about your concerns about ever lasting pt or not.

Irisheyesmilin
irisheyesmilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote