View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TOS to RSD

I am not sure I am in the right place. I have sympathetic maintained pain syndrome. Just diagnosed. From what I understand this condition is very close to RSD, but I don't really understand how it all works. I have overlapping symptoms like allodynia, hyperalgesia and hyperesthesia. I do not have edema or distal extremity pain or problems....so the doctor is still narrowing down my exact diagnosis.

I have been called a liar, treated like ****, called a drug addict ect......but I am a survivor and I am not lowering my self worth just because people are uneducated related to pain syndromes.

I am a registered nurse and only saw one case of RSD.

Anyway, I had cervical ribs in my neck that were removed. The pain syndrome was triggered before my surgery when I had severe nerve compression due to crushed by the extra rib.

Both of my shoulders are involved, as I had surgery on both sides.

I recently moved and went to a terrible pain management MD.He called me a liar and did not give me a referral. Said I was drug seeking. Eventually I found another doctor and I processed the referral and made sure it got to new doctor. Now I have appointment on 16 of may.......but for now I am SUFFERING....OMG

I am trying to stay strong....brave. I am very very tired. hello everyone
cheryl1593 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote