View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much everyone! It's so nice to have others understand what you are going through....

Yes, I was at home when it happened, thank goodness hubby heard the loud crash and came running! I remember waking up, looking up at him from the bottom of the tub as he was calling 911 and screaming at me...I just wondered why my head hurt so bad, and how much time had passed because I didn't want to be late for work! I don't remember the 2 nd fainting or him getting me to the bedroom while he got things together for us to go to the ER.

I have been having GI issues since August, first they said reflux, then in October discovered my gallbladder was defunct and took that out. I lost 80 lbs in that time period. Post gallbladder surgery, I experienced terrible nausea...who wants to eat or drink with that! I was hospitalized a month after surgery for dehydration and vomiting. So they said when I passed out that I was so dehydrated that my blood volume was very low...and they stuck the vaso vagal syncope label on it.

My therapists are wonderful! They will push buttons if they have to for sure, and my new neurologist is so awesome. I have had a 2 nd MRI which was very detailed..I had to spend 3 hours in the tube, but at least got it all done at once. I also have had CT scan, echocardiogram, EEG, somatosensory evoked potential of the leg nerves, and am scheduled to have the arms done this week. The only thing that they found slightly abnormal, was on the MRI, I think it's c6 there is a narrowing of the hole in the vertebra that the spinal cord goes through. He doesn't think that is causing a problem, but since I had brushing on the side of my neck, he just wants to make sure and that's why he ordered the evoked potential tests.

I am very frustrated with the fatigue!!! I never felt anything like this before! My arms especially feel so heavy that I can hardly lift them! Just feel crummy. I thought I had it figured out that it was my premigraine thing, but I don't have a migraine this week. Never had migraines before the concussion, which they are also calling TBI...anyway, I have had 2 nerve blocks done to break up the migraines, and it works for me!!

I was approved for my long term disability benefit, but I really don't want to lose my job! I've been there for 22 years! My only job since I graduated college, and I love it. In an OT at a children's hospital. If I'm not back by June 5, I don't know what will happen,,,,but I don't even think I'm at 50%yet unfortunately....has anyone else gone through therapies? I think my balance and vision are my worst enemies!!

I think I forgot to say that I am doing OT, PT and speech 2x/week.
wendya2J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote