View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
The neuro is putting in the request for IVIG, 5 days of infusion. It should take > 4 hrs each day so I will be out of work for a while again. They said is would take about 2 weeks to coordinate. Did you all need recovery time after the procedure? Should I expect to go back to work the next day or will I need a couple of days off? Please let me know what your experience is in this matter. It is a health agency that will be coming to the house.

thanks
kathie
The time it takes to do each of your IVIG's depends on the instruction that your doctor has provided to the person giving you the treatment, as pump pressure has a large part to do with the time it will take. Some prescribe starting off slow, and gradually ramping up the pressure every half hour. Particular care is taken, particularly on the first infusions, to prevent possible side effects like nausea, headaches, rash, and in general flu like symptoms. I wouldn't definitely plan on returning to work that day, as you will really have to see how your body adjusts to the infusion. Take it slow and easy, until you know how it goes, and if you have any side effects. The real secret is to hydrate at least two days before, keep hydrating during, and then for up to a week afterwards.
wgreen19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-13-2013)