View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sospan View Post
Dom,

From my own experience in the UK, doctors have little sympathy or understanding of the consequences of a head injury. Have a look at the Headway site which have local support groups. Also have a look for the UKabif they have quite a lot of information.

Open spaces, crowds, bright lights, kids, tiredness, emotions are quite common things we all find difficult. We also find that symptoms come and go as we are on the road to recovery.

It truly is a rollercoaster - so hold on tight
Thank you, good to hear from someone from UK, and thank you to everyone that is showing support and giving great advice...

It's a weird one... I sit here as me, I can see it's me, I'm typing(probably not as precisely as i once would - keep hitting caps lock instead of a) but I feel odd, like it's not real like all I've done today is one big dream,

I got up and got my 4 year old ready(luckily my wife had dropped my 4 month old earlier to her parents) took her to nursery, we chatted and stuff while we drove, all normal things, i then went to tescos, but stopped in to see my brother on way, his wife and kids were just leaving for school, so snuck up and surprised them all, went in to see my brother chatted and then got on, drove to tescos, parked up and did a £56 shop, went home, put shopping away, made wife some lunc who collected on horse back(she works with horses) tidied up house, fixed dishwasher and loaded, had a good hours sleep on the sofa at lunch and then got up to tidy more...taking it steady an slow...

but now it feels like was that all reality? Did i really do that? And if I did, why doesn;t it feel like I did... Am I really doing it, why if I can do all these things, then why don't I feel like myself... It's so strange I can text and chat to friends on facebook and come across perfectly fine, I can go to kids parties and be totally fine.. so How am I doing this and not feeling myself... thats the big head twister...

On good news i got some Omega3 and multivitamins as suggested, and I woke up from lunch nap, like it was all a big dream... soon realised the dream wasn't over...

This is the strangest thing I've ever encountered, but also feel that I'm gonna be like this a while longer, so accepting this and getting on with what i can...

Also went to the crash site, no flashbacks or memories at all...

Thanks for listening all
DomRiddUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-13-2013)