View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pipp1401

Hi,

I have been suffering from Spinal Myoclonus for 15 years or so now, I have self diagnosed as the Neurologist I saw years ago and the MRI Spinal and brain scan showed nothing, they just wanted to put me on horrid drugs used for epilepsy. My jerks were severe and when I very occasionally get them now, if laying on my back my back will arch up violently and knees come up toward my stomach, I used to get 60 of these in very quick succession, to alleviate it I would stand on our stone floor in the bathroom and put my spine against the coldest wall, it was almost like unearthing!

About 7 years ago I decided to cut out everything in my diet and gradually re-introduce, and found i cannot tolerate ANYTHING with an E NUMBER or ANY preservatives at all... No cut bread, no supermarket cakes, no pizza (unless I make the dough myself and definitely no alcohol (makes it much worse). I followed this and found months, years of RELIEF, certainly not 60 jerks a night every night as it used to be.

However, I have tonsillitis at the mo and have been prescribed Clarithromycin (these drugs are yellow coloured, apparently the drugs company feel that they need to be yellow for some reason) I suffered last night (due to the colouring) and know that I will suffer until the course is finished. I beg all of you fellow sufferers to look at what you eat, I had a terrible time with a Cadburys Creme Egg due to the colouring, takeaways, burgers (shock horror if you eat the buns from the golden arches). PS: I did also have a bad horse riding accident and a neck accident years ago, whether this was the primary cause or not or often wondered if it was the epidural I had during childbirth.
pippi1401 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote