View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura418 View Post
I think for me the reason why I decided to do surgery rather than continue to explore other options was two-fold...1) my age and 2) my condition downfall. I'm 26 yo, and I was at a place where I could afford to take the time off work and my body could heal as long as it needed. I don't have kids or anything else to take care of. Secondly, it got to the point where I couldn't do my hair, makeup, yoga, run, carry groceries, shake hands, write easily, etc etc. My condition was dramatically going downhill and I worried that if I didn't act, things would only get worse.

Looking back, I'm really grateful that I had surgery and would do it again no question. Dr. D did have to go back in at 1 am the night of my second surgery due to internal bleeding in my chest, but he said he's only had to do something like that for one other patient in his career. He has only had two patients that have had no improvement from surgery, everyone else has experienced at least minimal positive gains.

I can't say enough good things about him. I will continue to sing his praises, as he has given me so much hope for my future when things looked really bleak when I started this journey over two years ago.
YOU ROCK! I mean he has never had to go back in, like months later or years later.

By the way, if you could write, shake hands, and do day to day things, but just couldn't say, type on a computer for more than 2 hours, and you could not swim for more than say 10 minutes, would you do it?
heybro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote