View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Long Thoracic Nerve Injury (Palsy) and Brachial Plexitis

Hi guys,

I am a 28 yr old female who was diagnosed with Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy and Brachial Plexitis, if that means something to you.
I had a terrible accident on a boat and shattered my ankle but didn't notice any trauma to my shoulder. it was only after a month or two of being on crutches I noticed scapular winging and an inability to lift right shoulder over my head.
I assumed it was tight muscles due to crutches and ignored until a Physiotherapist urged me to see a Neurologist. The Neuro said that nothing could be done about my nerve injuries and that it may heal, and may not.

I have very little quality of life, have severe chronic pain in my neck and haven't been able to work in over a year. I have seen a chiropractor, and massage therapists and all the treatments help only very temporarily and are very expensive. I have run out of money and am running out of will. I just saw a rehab physician who told me it could take 3-5 years to get better. How is one supposed to support themselves and live with chronic pain on a daily basis. Even sleep is very uncomfortable I am sorry to whine on here but feel VERY lost and alone.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. For anyone else suffering with similar problems, I have switched to an electronic toothbrush and many kitchen gadgets such as the slap chop and a blender to help with cooking as that was a serious contributor to my pain. I have not noticed any improvement in 1 year. I am considering acupuncture, but again, is costly and may not help .

Hope to hear from someone, anyone!

Thank you for listening
CatherineInPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote