View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Bryanna please help me in anyway you can I'm so ill

Bryanna please help me if you can I really am so ill right now and it started nearly 3 years ago now...
Here is my story, I'll try and keep it short but that will be difficult...in 2008 my dentist referred me to a hospital dental clinic as I was very anxious regarding dentists. I had a temporary tooth next to my front top tooth that needed proper treatment. The dentist at the hospital suggested I have a proper crown fitted and the tooth next to that was best to be removed and a crown fitted.

Various other denal procedures were done whist under sedation. The dental work was finished early 2009. Throughout this time I began to have abscesses that required continous antibiotics but they would not go away and one of the crowns kept falling out so in 2010 my dentist referred me back to the dental hospital. By 2010 I started to feel strangely unwell, joint and muscle pains everywhere, sweats, fatigued, dizziness so much so I was really struggling to work.
The dentist removed a few more teeth, still the pain and abscesses persisted so I was sent to a maxilla facial clinic where they removed another tooth but still I was in so much pain, in the end they said it was neuralgia ad prescribed amitriptyline.
But again the abscess and pain was still there so the dentist looked once again in my mouth and next thing he calls another 2 dentists in, he wanted confirmation tat what he ad seen was indeed a dental fistula , they both confirmed this so I was sent to another hospital for a x ray. Te following day the hospital dentist asked me to go to see him that day.
This s what he said... I'm so sorry, 2 years ago I should have sent you or a x ray when you were first referred here but I assumed there was no need to. Firstly, we have found that there has been a dental instrument left in the very top of your root canal and secondly tree has been no root canal treatment ever done on thie root canal of this tooth. I assumed you had previously had root canal treatment done previously before being referred to me. You also have a fistula tats why I decided to send you or this x ray, I'm so sorry.

He seemed in a panic I was in shock and didn't really understand, all I knew was I felt so ill and weak, I just wanted the instrument out. He tod me this might prove difficult and old need an operation also if implants were required my face could collapse. I didn't know what to think, shock I guess. ASAP he said his friend a edodontist and him could try to get the instrument out, before attempting a operation. So tat took place, they managed to remoe it whilst I was again under sedation. When I awoke he said they had been successful in removing it I asked what it was and could I have it he said they didn't know and lost it as it went up the dental Hoover.
I never questioned it as I was still heavily sedated and felt so unwell I wanted to go home. I went back to him and he replaced it again properly but again it fell out. When I went back to see him he had left and a lady dentist took over from him. I was to be sedated again so they could fit the crown properly but they could not get a vein, so another 3 appointments were attended for the sedation but again no veins.
By this time I was in so much pain throughout my body and one day I could not get out of bed, 6 weeks I was bed bound for and was unable to even get myself out of bed. I was then diagnosed with CFS, I now have heart arrhythmia and fibromyalgia. That was 2 years ago. Still I can see the fistula, I still have the temp crown in and I can still taste the fluid from what seems like the ongoing infection. I now feel I have sinus problems and feel that's actually always been there. I don't know what to do, I feel so scared and so ill. Please Bryanna any advise given would really be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jen
Jenmca42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote