View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's Spreading, Again ...

Thought I’d pop in and share a bit of what’s going on with me recently.

So I’ve been dealing with spread for a few years now. RSD started in my right leg, mirrored to my left then randomly on up the torso and finally into hands and arms. It started slow in my hands with tingling in my finger tips and then electric shocks, and now they are swelling. I know that swelling is indicative with RSD, but most of the time I don’t swell. I am classified as cold RSD / CRPS II. Hypothermia is more of what I deal with. So this whole swelling thing in my hands is new and sucks. I am dropping things like crazy. ****** me off actually. My hands are going numb, falling asleep, can hardly open and close them and bonus they’re swelling. They also turn blood red. I mean lobster red. Like a sun burn at times.

I just finished six weeks of PT. I have now some new, very sexy, leg braces that will reteach my half dead right foot and leg how it should be walking. I said to my husband “Just in time for summer! Won’t these look great with shorts?” Easing into them by adding an hour of usage daily. Kind of wild when I first put them on. I definitely needed my cane for a few minutes to get acclimated to my new center of gravity. It is truly like learning to walk again while wearing them. Stairs are awesome. Although I guess I finally have some sort of outward visible sign, that identify to others, that something is amiss with me.

The PT got me up and moving again. Motivated to move and get a few Neurontin pounds off of me, I know I over did it on several occasions. And I’m wondering.. did all that movement just start swelling everything? If so, why?

I have a new neuro doc. Got a much needed adjustment in meds. Among other PRN pain killers (that I was starting to need and take more often due to increased pain levels), he amped up on my Neurontin, doubled it in fact, added an antidepressant to help with pain, and I could probably use it to help with my mental capacity of dealing with my ever evolving, disabling and painful condition anyway. I’ve done 10 years. One would think I would have this mentally under control by now, and most days I do, however, today is not one of them.

I have had to rest at least half of the day today, took a bath because it’s all I could think to do for the swelling. I would love to grab some Ibu, but I wore my stomach out on that taking high doses for too long. That truly was my drug of choice. Sucks that I can’t use it any more. I have had to resort to adding a tramadol tonight along with Voltraren Gel, and the hands have calmed down enough to type this.

I start OT next Monday. I pray they can help me with my hands. The dropping things and this swelling .. ugh!

I think I needed to just vent. I am worried about the way things are going, and quickly I might add, with my hands. They so are weak.

Thanks you guys / gals for reading. I hate that anyone else has this, and yet grateful to have somewhere to go when all things RSD just gets to be too much. To have a venue to share with those, who at the end of the day, really do get it. [/FONT]
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (05-17-2013), AZ-Di (05-18-2013), birchlake (05-16-2013), ginnie (05-18-2013)