View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the reply! I am re-reading your symptoms, Mokey, and we sound very similar.

Would an MRI show this brain stem or cranial nerve damage? Or is it to see the labyrinth concussion?

I'm guessing that when you reference slow to heal, it is a 3-5 year timeframe of slow, gradual healing?

And yes-I'm vacillating between feeling sorry for myself and then feeling incredibly lucky that it wasn't worse....

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote