View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 04:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

One of the things that I fell foul of was trying to live "a normal life" much like I did before and try and push through it. All it was doing was draining precious brain reserves that are needed for recovery. Whilst we feel like we are doing fine - we are not performing at the level we think we are.

We have all experienced people pulling out in front of us when we drive down the road. And you sit there in shock or fuming thinking why did they do that, after a few near misses I realised that I was that person and that whilst I though I was fine, I was a clearly a danger to myself and others and stopped driving. Similarly when you see someone slow being slow or struggling when out in public it is a difficult thing to think - am I that person?

It took me many months to change my lifestyle to a low enough level that I can still do things and get the rest needed to recover.

Trying not to be a superhero and struggling on was one of the hardest bits to deal with.

All the best
karenmamo (12-28-2014), poetrymom (05-15-2013), Su seb (05-14-2013)