View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
The doctor said I would be unavailable all day. The instructions are for a slow dose that would take more than 4 hours and I have an hour communte to work each way. So I will not be working on infusion days. I think I will be prepared to take the day after off just in case. Thanks for the input. I hope the insurance approves it, I am still waiting to hear from them.

It is a health care agency that specializes in this that will be doing the IVIG.

I am not sure how hydrated I can become. I am still on high dose pregnisone and it makes me urinate every hour!
thanks
kathie
I found that there's a wide variety of thoughts and practices on pump pressures used during infusions, and I was actually hoping to see more discussion going on with this from everyone. I believe it to have alot of importance with side effects, but also something else that hasn't been discussed alot and that is the fact that there have been experiences of heart attacks sometimes during, and then up to two weeks of having IVIG's. From what I've read, side effects have been reduced by pumping the IVIG at slower rates, rather than rushing through the infusion. I know that when I had my infusions, I saw wide varities of pressure settings, from starting slow( 40) and ramping up every half hour, to setting it at 110 and letting it rip.

So, while we can drink plenty of water, take premeds, the importance of pump pressure needs to be discussed with your Neuro, and he needs to instruct the person administering the IVIG.
wgreen19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-14-2013)