View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How silly we all are....

When I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking about my wife, the permanent effects of her diffuse axon brain injury and thinking about life as I often do. Ever since 2010, I find my mind thinks often about how fragile life can be and how silly and stupid our ambitions are in the light of a greater reality.

In an instant everything you hope, dream and work for can be taken from you through no fault of your own. You're left by the side of the road, battered, bloody and if you survive you may be a shell of who you used to be. Your affiliations at work, in society, your personal wealth, your talent, your beauty, all of these are meaningless when life turns and strikes you down.

It's a thought which occurs to me often as I face my daily commute to and from work, at an artless daily grind task which I do only because I and my family need money for daily life.

It also occurs to me that what we really should be striving for in life is to educate and inspire ourselves and our children to make life as sweet and beautiful as possible and not waste a minute of it in such stupid wasteful occupations such as fighting amongst ourselves for dollars, waging destruction and war against one another. We have everything we need on this world to be content if we could only realize it.

If it were a perfect world for us to occupy, where our needs for warmth, shelter, nutrition and good health were automatic rights, it could be so wonderful to spend time with each other, encouraging each other in villages, towns, cities to practice good and kindness, to inspire and share happiness.
george_rutkay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
berkeleybrain (05-14-2013), Concussion (05-14-2013), ginnie (05-14-2013), Kitty (05-14-2013), Lightrail11 (05-14-2013), MiaVita2012 (05-14-2013), MsRriO (05-14-2013), poetrymom (05-14-2013)