Thread: mirapex
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Mirapex

Mary Frances,
Mirapex = so far, so good but it's only been 3 weeks.

My MDS added Mirapex in addition to the Azilect when I finished the Azilect Phase IV trial on 24 April. I titrated up to .5 MG x 3 of Mirapex over 2 weeks. Just as the Mirapex starter kit recommends--.125 MG x 3 the first week, .25 MG x 3 second week and now .5 MG x 3 for the last 7 days. This is in addition to the 1 MG x 1 of Azilect.

Azilect only had very minimal improvement as a monotherapy but my MDS firmly believes it neuroprotective so he wants me to continue taking it.

So far I'm very pleased with the results of Mirapex. I'm moving much better, almost no stiffness, my handwriting has improved and some tingling/numbness in my rt foot has disappeared. I feel better and some minor anxiety I had is gone. My action tremor has also improved significantly. I can now manipulated my computer mouse and type with almost no jerkiness.

And so far, very few side effects.....did suffer some sleepiness the first 2 weeks and still get a little sleepy in the afternoons if it's slow at the office. Now I having a little insomnia for the last 4 nights, in that I fall asleep OK but wake up after 3-4 hrs and then toss and turn a little for the remainder of the night.

So again, I'm very happy with the results so far. Just hope it lasts for many months or even years.

Next appt with my MDS is Monday as follow up on Mirapex so we'll see what he recommends.

Slumpy (Larry)
Slumpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote