Thread: Cisternograms?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cisternograms?

Hi,

I had an epidural steroid injection last january. Once I sat up after the procedure I had the most severe pain in the back of my head and the temples. I had two blood patches in february without success. I had brain and back ct and mri with contrast in march which were both negative. I was put on Topamax starting at 25mg and increasing for 4 weeks. The first two weeks showed improved but I have been on it for months now with no success after the first two weeks. I was put on Amytriptyline two weeks ago starting at 25mg for two weeks, then increasing to 50mg for two weeks.

I have no life. The pain goes when I lie down for a few minutes but comes back straight away when I stand up. I am seeing the Neurologist again next week. My only options at this stage are to repeat the blood patch but the leak could be anywhere. The only other option is a Cisternogram. However we have been warned that it is highly likely that I will have another leak during the Cisternogram but this time it will be impossible to do a blood patch to patch the leak. Does anyone have experience of Cisternograms? The other thing I was told by the consultant was that Cisternograms are not that accurate. Please help if you can. I am over four months like this and am told that I could be like this for months or years. I cannot leave the house as I am.
rmrmrm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote