View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Jen,

I am so sorry you are having all of these problems. It does not benefit you to hold on to any teeth that are infected. There is no procedure that can cure an infected tooth. Root canals do not cure the infection because there is no access to the microscopic canals called dentin tubules. So the nerve material inside of these canals festers with bacteria until the tooth is removed. An abscess at or near a tooth generally means that the tooth and/or the bone is infected. Your dentist has not informed you honestly about the the bacteria that resides inside of root canaled teeth.

The instrument that you speak of that was left in your bone was part of a edondontic instrument called a reamer or endo file. This incident is not all that uncommon. However, until the patient complains or the area swells up the dentist will not admit that it's there for fear of admitting guilt for leaving it there or for fear of ticking off his peer who performed the procedure. Even when the patient complains of no symptoms but the instrument is seen on an x-ray.... the patient is rarely told about it.

Based on what you've written here, your dentists have not been completely upfront with you on several occasions about your dental health and dental work. In general, how is your dental health? Has any of these dentists talked to you about removing your bad teeth and replacing them? Or are they just patching you up as things occur?

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,
Thank you so much for your reply, it s so much appreciated. I did write another reply to you but for some reason it did to post.

I have the x rays and can send them to you? I have been told it is a pre formed metal post that was left in the root canal previously. But I'm unsure as to what it is, I'm sure you would know as soon as you saw it. It has taken me a long time to receive a copy of the digital copy of the x ray with the foreign object in my root canal. They said they have a hard copy but it will take time to find it, the digital copy you can see the object but underneath that it seems to have been erased or blocked in some way so you cannot see the whole of the x ray and what is actually underneath the Brecht. You can also see there was never any root treatment done on the tooth either but yet he fitted a crown and post whilst I was under sedation and the foreign metal object seems to have been pushed up far into the root canal by the metal post he fitted, all done without any root canal treatment. My dental health nw is so poor just like my health. The crown and post he fitted full out continuously and when I went in again to see him in 2010 he no longer worked at the practice. Another lady dentist attempted to fit the new crown under sedation but three attempts and appointments later they still could to locate a vein so the work has never been fixed. So I have the ill fitting crown still in place , I also can still taste a horrible infection taste and I feel. Have a sinus infection since all of his happened but since my body has became so unwell with a systemic disease called chronic fatigue syndrome I hav been mostly bed bound, only recently have I found the energy to deal with this. I really am so unwell Bryanna and I really need dental advise and care. Do think a look at the x ray could give you a much better understanding. It was in 2009 they noticed the gum fistula and sent me to another hospital for the dental x ray which did find the metal object in my root canal. the fistula is still there. He told me when they found all of this out in 2009 that if a implant was to be considered my face would collapse. This really scared me but the more I think about it the more I want to know more by what he actually meant by that. Would that mean if the actual roots of the tooth were to be takn out my face would collapse? Any advice given Bryanna would so be very much appreciated, I am so worried and scared.

Thanks

Jen
Jenmca42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote