View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Hi Bryanna,
Thanks once again for your help. I have attached one of the x rays the only one i have that shows the dental instrument. I had difficulty attaching it to the post and its not very clear. You can see the instrument but for some reason on the x ray there is a white blank over the tooth, why that is i don't know. I received it like this from the dental hospital. This was taken in 2010.

You asked me what i would like to happen next. I would like the infection gone but if they remove the remaininder of the root of the tooth that is left does that mean my face will collapse? Im really so scared. What other options do I have left? what should i do next?

Thanks

Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Jen,

Yes, please post the xrays.

I understand the story that you are telling. No need to repeat it again, that's okay

The tooth is badly infected and the fistula means that the infection is now in the bone. The sinus problems that you are having may be coming from this and/or some other tooth. I assume that you have not had regular dental care due to fear of the dentists? That's okay..... many people have that fear, I understand.

What do you want to happen? This tooth should be removed. It doesn't sound like you will be a good candidate for a dental implant. The fact that the dentist explained to you that the bone would collapse when they upper tooth is removed .....indicates that he knew how infected this tooth was when he said that. The bone in the upper front of the mouth is more fragile and thinner than the bone any place else in the mouth. When an upper front tooth is badly infected, the bone deteriorates in that area rather quickly. When the tooth is removed, some of that bone will be removed also. This will cause that area of bone to be gone and it is not easily replaceable. If you did not remove this tooth... the bone will deteriorate further along the jaw from the infection.

Your replacement options depend on what other healthy teeth you have remaining in your mouth. Do you have x-rays of all of your teeth? If so, feel free to post them.

Bryanna
Attached Thumbnails
Bryanna please help me in anyway you can I'm so ill-jen-dental-1-jpg  
Jenmca42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote