View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestLady24 View Post
If I am not medicated enough I will sit on my couch all day and night and shake my legs over and over like a crazy person. My Doctors want to take a conservative approach to my neurapathy and have me take nothing to address the pain. I get very upset I call them barbaric. What is it? Do they not believe how painful this is?? Or do they just not have enough experience? Student Neurolgist, and My Primary Doctor. I have State ins. It wont be another 6 months before I get good ins through my soon to be husband. There are days I am fit to be tied. I have alot of days that the pain in not under control and I have heart palpatations most of the day cause my blood pressure is so high. I am already on Toperal XL a blood pressure medacine. I just dont know what to do.
How long have you been on Toprol XL? I was on it for over 2 years before it started giving me uncontrollable anxiety, which my benzo wouldn't touch, and it was way before I had PN. You can verify the anxiety thing by going to askapatient.com. They have patient reviews of meds, and I discovered that 1 in 3 patients on Toprol XL for more than 2 years complained of anxiety. You might want to ask your Dr for a different beta blocker. (My wife was on it too, and had issues) Good Luck.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote