View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congrats, Icehouse!

I'm 4 months without a drink and I've been drinking for about a decade heavily. I've just been diagnosed with PN due to drinking excessively over the years. I've been losing feeling in my hands and been stumbling with picking things up. My hands and feet are often dead cold.

Did you suffer from cold hands and feet? and if so, did the Benfotiamine and B12 fix that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
638 days sober today. Did not go bowling this month, but I did move to a 4br house on 2 acres with a garage. That means yard work, grass cutting, tree trimming, snow shoveling (the one day a year it snows) and raking leaves.

Excited I am to be ABLE to do that crap!!!

See, I am getting life back. I am getting MY life back. It is a bit of a slow process, but as my sobriety counter climbs, so does my health and in my case I am being blessed.

I am booked for a trip to the Turks & Caicos Islands next month and I fully plan on scuba diving, snorkeling and finding my future ex-wife

Now, I have decreased my vitamin regime in half in the past 2 months, just for giggles, and I have NOT noticed a decline at all. I am going to stay with that for a couple months and then dive down to just a multivitamin.

This is the first time in 38 years I have taken any sort of medication\vitamins for any length of time and if I don't "need" them I would rather not take them.

I am taking a Centrum Silver daily and a Benfotiamine (150 mg) every other day.

Will see how that pans out.