View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I'm sure it is bursitis and tendinitis as I have had the same symptoms several times before, relieved by ice and resolved by cortisone. 4 cortisone injections sounds like overkill to me. I believe the most I've ever had is 2 per side: 1 in the AC joint and one in the supraspinatus/upper trap. Most of the time I've just had the one in the AC joint.

Botox seems to be the only option left to treat these SCM spasms. I've seen several Neurologists and a Physiatrist. I even saw a neuro that specializes in movement disorders and EMG-guided botox and he didn't accept me as a patient, said I need Botox but not EMG guided (that my problem was myofacial and not spasmodic torticollis/cervical dystonia).

Some have hypothesized that I've developed a fibromyalgia type of hypersensitivity in the neck due to all that I have been through. Dr. Angle is going to check around to see if there is someone in his network that may be able to help me.
That last paragraph sounds exactly what I have been told by my last physiatrist although she didn't want to conclude it was just fibromyalgia. She was 100% convinced that Annest should have taken my rib out and is sending me back on a surgeon hunt. But Ellis and my Pts are saying I will just develop scar tissue again bc that is what happened the first time around. I am pretty sure I developed scar tissue really quickly last time and it is not just because my body is quick at it but because everyone was too scared to go near my scar areas for a very very long time and also def because that partial rib is still in there. I am waiting to speak to Angle via phone soon.

Anyway I am updating on your thread sorry lol! But seriously the SCM spasms and bursitis are the main issues for me as well and they actually got way worse AFTER surgery. I hope the botox and injections help, keep us posted! I may consider botox as well, I really did not want to go back for more surgery but I might not be able to avoid it.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote