View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying to stay positive (it could have been worse!) but I'm slowing realizing the enormity of the rehab involved.

I got a copy of the report which states that there is "significant peripheral (possible lesion in semicircular canal) and central vestibular dysfunction".

They want an MRI of the posterior fossa / internal auditory canals for the central vesitbular issues.

The timeframes are helpful. My neurologist kept thinking I would be better at 3, 6, and 9 months, but he was always supportive when I didn't "recover".

It helps knowing that the horizon of recovery is out there--it just may be a little further out than "normal".

Big hugs to you all-this forum is such a comfort.

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon22217 (05-16-2013), MiaVita2012 (05-15-2013), Mokey (05-14-2013)