View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm convinced CRPS is auto-immune. Ive read a lot of papers about it over the last two years, and the ones that make most sense are exploring the auto-immune angle - many others are just re-jigging previous treatments and looking at new groups of patients...

I was talking to my pain doc at my last appointment about research and she mentioned the immunoglobulin treatment and said she would look into it for me. I think it has more chance of some kind of success than some other methods - at least the observed oddities of CRPS and the total body effects of it have a definite link to the treatment itself.

I am also a coeliac - another auto-immune disease, and I've read how common it is that those with CRPS also suffer from other auto-immune conditions. So trying to tackle the auto-immune dysfunction just makes sense. Much much more so than so many other treatments that are just shots in the dark that maybe coincided with someone feeling a bit better and got lauded by the docs involved as The Next Big Thing. The Wonder Cure. Which then leaves so many of us disappointed when actually it doesn't help much...

CRPS is a crappy horrible disease, and it does indeed whittle away at our lives, in some cases leaving mere matchsticks behind... I applaud any research, but I prefer to see some real thought going into it than just some guy deciding it might be interesting to hook a few of us up to a lemon-juice drip and see what happens...

Good luck to everyone with CRPS or any other condition that is so misdiagnosed, misunderstood, and misjudged. Goodness knows we could use a little luck!

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-15-2013), KathyUK (05-15-2013), Nanc (05-15-2013), reluctant@thetable (05-15-2013)