View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi

just to answer some of your questions.

yes its normal to get irritated easily, I found little things would anoy me, they still do but I now find i can deal with it better since taking up yoga.

The feeling does get better with time, to some degree, you do adjust to the new you, and you start to know what triggers certain symptons.
For me I had to avoid emotional stress, that included happy and sad emotions, just could not handle letting go of emotions, really weird, but am better with it now.

Could not talk on phone to people as they would stress me out just chatting about nothing, or so it seamed to me....

I hit my head in June last year, a beam fell on me whilst we dismantled our old garage, I did not pass out but I felt a wave of ripples go through my head and down my body.
I was fine for 2 weeks, then wham, all these weird things went on in my head and I kept having paninc attacks, went to Dr. and finally I was told it was PCS.

the first 3 months were the worst, and I suffered deresssion/anxiety and had therapy for this.
By 6 months there was a slight improvement in my symptons and by the new year things were improving weekly. I put this down to complete rest and the star of my yoga.
To date I am almost there ,but if I over do things they come back, but not as bad.

I also suffered from noise and light sensitivity, I still do a bit now, but i wear sunglasses and use earplugs. I also had eye test and have colour tinted glasses for computer work and reading, they really help a lot.

I did have a sence of normalness that came and went, at round 3-4 months in, I found it would come for a while then go, but over time I started to find that it stayed longer and longer and soon it was a case of feeling normal with the occasional weirdness hanging around.

I am female and just turned 60 years young, I was so full of energy before this but am slowly getting back to my self.

I know you can get through this, you are much younger and I think if you have a possitve attitude to life this will help.
there is a link on you-tube called ...you look great...its about an hour long, but in 5mins. sections .... take a look at it and also get your family and suporters to look as well, it will give you invaluble info on PCS/TBI

Good luck to you let us know how you get on, I'm not sure the mri will tell you much, but at least it will rule out things...

Do take care and remember rest rest rest is the only way,

Carole xx
ninelives is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote