View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jim,

Please tell me you were kidding about the drinking???? Alcohol is the last thing you should be doing as it will dry out the socket :/

Do not attempt to pull anything out of the socket. Irrigation is just to be a gentle wash and that is it. The lightening bolt pain when you stuck the irrigation syringe inside of the socket.... great explanation by the way.... was from the syringe hitting tender nerves and cells in the bone. Don't do that again :~/

It is typical for an extraction site to take several weeks to heal. Be patient.

Thanks for the humor.... guys often have some sick sense of humor about their teeth.... funny

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Thanks Bryanna,
Day 12 and it finally feels like it is really healing. On day 8 I attempted to irrigate, prior to reading your note, and thought it would feel good, like something was stuck in there- I poked the syringe in and actually saw a white lightening bolt! It was insanely painful. I rode to the bar on my bike and drank 3 pints to try to kill the pain.
Last night I did try again and of course it was easier, though it still looks/feels with my tongue like there is something stuck, I am afraid if I try to pull it out I will discover it is tender flesh..

I am surprised again how long this was so painful for. Maybe dry socket? Didn't expect that on a pre-molar...
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote