View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

IMO, this is a decision only you can make. I know exactly how you feel. I had TOS 8 years before diagnosed. I also have bilateral. From what I can tell most people improve with surgery but not all. Younger people who are diagnosed early do the best. Older people who have carried it a long time and been misdiagnosed and had other surgeries due to misdiagnosis generally do not fair as well. I am in this camp. You sound like you are in the middle of these groups. You are still fairly young and have not had a bunch of other surgeries but you have carried it a long time. It sounds like you have the right mindset. From wht I have read on here you have the best doctor in the country. I wish I had gone to him. My doctor was very collaborative with me during the first three months when I was feeling so well and thought I had finally been released from this nightmare. Now that recurrence has set in he will not give me the time of day.

I wish you well. I can relate 100% to how you feel. Pray about it and maybe you will get a confident sense of direction.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote