View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Yes I do agree. I remember after my concussion I didn't rest at all as I was still in school and it was actually a very high stress high workload situation. So I think that may have contributed to my symptoms and slower recovery. After leaving school, I do feel better. I do believe in slowly easing into things and being careful not to aggravate your symptoms. I'm jsut curious about what he said about brain plasticity and the brain relearning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFayesMom View Post
I'd be interested to know what people think too. Trying to do normal things got me into trouble about 6 weeks after my third concussion, and I got worse than I ever had been. So I now know that the best way for me to get better is to ease slowly back into things. I'll get there eventually. If any doctor told me otherwise, I wouldn't take him or her seriously.

As for the convergence insufficiency, you don't have to have double vision to have convergence insufficiency. If your eyes are compensating, you won't. One eye can take over and do the work for both eyes, and the dominant eye can switch back and forth. A regular opthamologist doesn't diagnose it, so I am surprised yours said that you didn't have it!

Glad you are getting in to see a neuro-op! It's better to be safe than sorry IMO! Good luck in your recovery!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote