View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annie!

I know most of us were scared of the surgery I had c4-c7 fusion in 7-2010. I have no regrets. However-- that being said I had no choice all 4 disc were pressing the spinal cord and I was in horrible pain prior to surgery.Yes-- there are risk to this surgery of adjacent disc disease for the level above and below fusion site-- those good disc take the brunt of the new hardware. That being said this surgery is usally done to avoid perm neuro problems. Pain wise surgery itself was not bad at all for me ----much better for it. Have things around the house like soup,yougart ,soft food for the first week and straws in case your in a collar they helped alot even when taking meds in case your throat is sore for a few days. If you have a recliner-- helps alot. I was actually going parlyzed on right side--- this surgery gave me my life back. I had the exact same levels you should be able to due most physcial activties in time ---but dont push it until your fully fused. I walked alot during my recovery to gain back energy level. Lifting should not be done for several months and avoid alot of bending and twisting until your told your fused. I spent alot of time worried about this surgery and fear of my future--as I said it all turned out for the better !!! I wish the same results for you. --Most off us are home in 24 hrs on the mend then bordem sets in LOL. Try not to fear it ---I had seveal consults and surgery was my only option. I wish you all the best!!!!!
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-29-2013), ginnie (05-15-2013)