View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I may be a dissenter here, but Dr. Jordan was a waste of time and money for me (no insurance coverage or reimbursement for me). He is focused on treating TOS non-surgically with his EMG and ultrasound guided procedures. His diagnosis of me (scalene readhesion and cervical dystonia) was completely wrong once I saw a neurologist specializing in dystonia and then Angle went in supraclavicularly.

I feel that Sanders and Annest are predisposed on leaving ribs in based on Sanders old publications suggesting scalenectomies and pec minor tenotomies should be the focus. Why not open as much space as possible by getting rid of c-ribs that should not be there and the 1st rib which isn't necessary?

My physiatrist cut me loose as well after I had RF ablation which helped but I developed horrible SCM spasms (which trigger points didn't help much). It sounds like you only had shoulder trigger point injections when you likely need cortisone injection directly into a shoulder joint (Acromioclavicular or Glenohumeral). You should see a Sports Medicine or Orthopedic Shoulder Surgeon for this. I had an MRI which showed the AC joint and supraspinatus tendonitis and potential small supraspinatus tear.

If you come to So Cal you can schedule a free 15 min consult with James or Art at Ando & Aston physical therapy and get their opinion on your winged scapula. I'm not sure surgery alone will fix that.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

Last edited by nospam; 05-15-2013 at 08:17 PM.
nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
parbie (05-16-2013)