View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, Crayolagal. Does that mean you like drawing with crayons? Welcome to the forum.

I thought it was funny when you asked what you should be doing while waiting because, if you have MG, you shouldn't do much. I think staying stress-free would be helpful.

Did they do the MuSK antibody test too? Probably not since it costs more and they usually wait to see if the ACh (acetylcholine) antibody is positive first.

If you do start to get progressively weaker, to the point of not being able to swallow, breathe or move well, then it is time to get to that hospital. Try to stay coolish and don't go out in the heat. Extremes of heat and cold can make MG much worse. Most of my exacerbations and my MG crisis were in the summer months.

If you get diagnosed with MG, there is a lot to know. For example, there are some drugs that are relatively contraindicated in MG and some that should not be taken at all (i.e., Ketek, an antibiotic).

I hope you get answers soon. It's not fun facing down the possibility of a disease but MG is manageable. Let us know how it goes!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
crayolagal (05-16-2013), pingpongman (05-15-2013)