View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybro View Post
Thank You Kelly. I want as much info as possible and I want the best argument possible for not having surgery. If, even with the best argument for not having it, I still want to do it, then I can be more confident.

The problem is, I get worse every year and have to take more and more things out every year. Dr. D has never made anyone worse. It seems like a good bet to place.

Thank You again. I am thinking and feeling deeply about this.
I have bilateral true tos, with severe narrowing of subclavian artery, due to extra cerv. Ribs. I had surgery on Lt. the worse side, 14 mos. ago, at MGH w/Dr.Donahue. I had symptoms 8yrs. of neck, upper back, shoulder & arm pain. Pain & Numbness in Elbow, hand & last 2 fingers, along with severe cold sensation quite often. Any activity, walking, pool therapy, 1lb. Db's, driving, reading, comp. Use, sitting to long will make everything worse. Dr. D. Was definite about my dx. & Highly recommended surgery. This surgery was no joke, pain worse thanmy neck fushion. On morphine for at least 2 mos. But I had 2 ribs out, he said pain med. Won't. Even touch the pain. I had increased arm & shoulder pain for 1 mo. after surge. You have to do neck & arm ex. 3-4 dray for 1 yr. To
pervent scar tissue. No PT.
My advice to u is make sure u have TOS & not Ulnar Nerve comp.
I'm. Surprised Dr. D. Recommended surgery for u.
U can't. Take back surgery so do ur homework & make u get answers to all ur? ??
Dr. D. is excellent w/answering. ?? He will email u if he can't. Reach u.
Best of Luck!
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote