View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 08:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I do 100% agree...

They don't need to know anything about your pregnancy with them, what will knowing any of that help with Dustin's education? it won't, you know it and they know it.

At the begining of this school year Riley seizures were really bad, they wanted me to sign permission to talk to her neuro and have access to her medical records- I don't think so! How is that going to help anything? We have a school nurse and a local epilepsy foundation chapter that will provide all the info they need, anything else that is relavant to her education and well being in school we will get copies of and send in. I felt very uncomfortable, not b/c we have anything to hide but that felt like an invasion of Rileys privacy!

They were not kind about it in the begining but with the support of the school nurse (who also felt it wasn't an appropriate request) they backed off. About a month after that our school system was in the news and in hot water for "forcing" (how about bullying) parents of special ed kids to allow the school access to their medical records.

You got my vote for invasion of privacy
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote