View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You my friend are the victim of the "Domino Effect" because of your first surgery. That's what happened to me. I had 2 laminectomy/discetomies and my spine just fell apart. This was back when they had to OPEN the spine, and not the "micro" surgeries they can do now.

So I've been disabled and in horrible pain since 1995. Three heads of Neurology at 3 different hospitals wouldn't even TOUCH me because my back was such a mess. Actually I'm glad because fusion would just cause more problems -- MORE domino effect.

I can't say that surgery is your answer. I can say that surgery is ONLY for mechanical problems. It will NOT be the answer to your pain. Chances are good that you will have the SAME pain or worse after surgery. Plus with fusion, there are always the chances of the instrumentation coming loose, breaking, etc. So there are problems with any surgery.

The ONLY way I would have that surgery is IF my spinal cord was being impinged or if I was in danger of permanent nerve damage. That's the ONLY way I'd have it done. Otherwise, i'd stay in physical therapy and pain management.

I wish you the very best. Keep us posted, okay? God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-16-2013)