Thread: eye drops
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrach View Post
Does anyone have high eye pressure from the prednisone? And what eye drops are safe for us to take?
Hello Adamrach, Good news... Eye drops are generally tolerated really, really well, by Mgers. Most of the drops, Beta Blockers for example, are on our caution list, but it's only a 2/4 caution. You'll want to make certain that your doctor knows about MG, and about any other conditions. Beta Blockers are contraindicated in other diseases. I have encountered no difficulties to date.

I'm down to one kind of eye drop, a beta blocker... down from four different kinds of drops, in a matter of six months. The irony is, Adam, one of the drops was Prenisolone...(steroids...!) To be clear, my eye pressure was not caused by steroids, however, we're both in the same MG club.

They will instruct you as to how to place gentle pressure (eye closed) on your duct to prevent as much drainage as possible, from entering your system.

I cannot express enough, the importance of these drops. I may not be the most "compliant" patient.... but when it comes to my vision, nothing stands in my way--not MG, nothing. I behave....

I'm very interested, Adam--please keep me posted.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote