View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
No kidding!!! Good luck with finding a doctor in California. On the good side of things, I grew up in California and just love it! We moved to Arizona 6 years ago, and I miss CA so much!!! What part of CA, if you feel OK about sharing?

One of the scary things about this disease is the remission aspect - it's pretty scary having that looming monster in the background. RSD comes up out of the blue - with me, it was post-surgical complications, and with my daughter, it was a simple stress fracture. We're both in remission - mine went away right before my first spinal block when I tore my rotator cuff, and my daughter's went away after a relatively new (and painless!) treatment called Calmare. However, she still has a LOT of pain in her leg and foot because she was in a surgical boot for 9 months (it refracted) and she has a massive case of plantar fasciitis. I don't know about the lifting the foot feeling, but perhaps the cramps are from plantar fasciitis? Is it worse first thing in the morning? We're trying out one of those boots that you sleep in that bend the foot back a bit - I'll update the board on how it works in a few weeks.

One thing that I hope you can do in California is to go to Yosemite National Park, one of the most beautiful places on earth. I still have pain issues because of fibromyalgia, and there's nothing like beauty to help take the edge off of pain. Blessings to you, and I hope you find a good doc soon and find some treatments that will put you into remission again soon!
I'm in Northern, CA- Modesto. My husband is from here. I visited Yosemite years ago, but would definitely like to go back again.

I have an appointment with a family practice Monday. I'm sure they will refer me out, but it's a start. I just hope they know what CRPS is .

So for now, when I feel up to it, I'm wearing heels (I know it's horrible and will cause me pain) since I pretty much know what's coming in the future. I love love love my shoes

I've gone back on my high does of Vitamin C too, that I think may have helped put me in remission before. All I can do is wait and see. Something we all know sucks. I'm trying not to stress, but these spasms are making me uneasy.

Last edited by jennq78; 05-16-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: An hour later and I'm regretting heels. Somebody SHOOT ME!
jennq78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote