View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Hi Jenn,

Try not to panic although I know that's MUCH easier said than done!

Those muscle cramps could be something called contractures. They are something you can get with CRPS, and if not tackled aggressively they can result in some problems with limb position. I started having cramps and pains about a year ago and mentioned them to my physio, and she made sure I understood the importance of regular stretches and exercise, and I also massage the muscles daily. It all helped, and I haven't had them for months now.

I use Monoi oil from the body shop, it smells lush and my skin doesn't seem to object to it. I would suggest you start just gently massaging for a minute or so at a time, and then ask your physio to show you some massage techniques. Finish with some slow stretches when your muscles are nice and warm, and then make sure you gently wipe off the excess oil and cover your skin back up so it stays warm.

I hope this helps at least a little bit for now...

Bram

I need to step up the massage. The PT I had before used that and a TENS unit a lot. Thank you for reminding me.

I also see you have Celiac's too. I was diagnosed 4 years ago after 20 years of being sick. It's funny that if we all don't have enough other issues we have to go through this stupid crap
jennq78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote