View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdicke2 View Post
It took me 2 years to finally get SSDI. I had to appeal and appeal and appeal all the way to the last where we would sue in federal court. my surgeon said clearly, "...she is totally and permanently disabled...unable to work." but because my diagnosis was not in the SSDI diagnosis book and was a new medical disorder, the worker automatically denied my application. The other stumbling block was that I had lots of education and SS figured I could work --(?with my mind I guess...) I finally started receiving benefits right before we were to go into federal court to sue. I learned: tell the truth.don't ever quit. and LOTS of healthy people who don't enjoy work apply for SSDI benefits and make ALL of us look like bums so the SS folk get hardened to all people with disabilities. And I've learned that working is much better than living in poverty!!
A doctor stating a patient is unable to work and permanently disabled is not suffecient proof for SS. It's not their decision. Even when a person is sent to a SS doc, they don't have that power. I'm mentioning this for those in the process so they don't get confused.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-16-2013)