View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I found that isolating myself from my family and other people was the biggest help to cure my PCS.

I also have three young children aged 6, 7 and 9 and it isn't easy looking after them because they are naturally noisy. It was only when they went to a childminder after school that I turned the corner. My wife and children went out at the weekend. Don't feel bad about needing quiet rest - it is essential! Your kids will get you back in time, but will get you back sooner if you have down time. It is very difficult, I know only too well.

Cut out Tv, the computer and the kindle. Use ear plugs and sun glasses if required.

Get as much quiet rest, reduce stress and noise. Avoid noisy places and supermarkets until ready. Avoid exercise, apart from gentle walks if you can manage them.

PCS headaches can be treated with migraine meds and some antidepressants can help symptoms, including headaches.

Reflexology and massage was helpful. Hot baths are helpful for fatigue.

Good luck in your recovery, it takes time. I am nearly seven months on and back working again as well as looking after my children.
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote