View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 02:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

HI Ber!

Im going to let Leesa breakdown your Mri --- does a very good job!!! IMHO --I know some --- but I think you are at very high chance of needing a fusion from c5 thru c7 which would be considered 2 level fusion. Im not a DR its just my gut feeling. I was told by my surgeon when your start to have nerve damage u have 18 months from the onset of symptoms for the neves to heal. I had neck issues for several years but ignored them until it got very bad and chronic. Your symptoms are classic too. In 7-2010 I got fused c4 thru c7---I was in horrible pain prior to surgery. I did seek 3 consults but all 4 disc pressed my spinal cord. Surgery was my only option. The rule of thumb with us neck patients is usually try 12 weeks of conservative treatments--- if symptoms don't improve --surgery is done. Seeing your symptoms are going down your arm into fingers if very telling of nerve problems. Honestly-- there are several of us on here who are doing very well from this surgery. I dont regret it it gave me my life back. I will be here if you have any more ?--let me say --- I know and understand your pain and I remember it like it was yesterday . Im sorry your going thru this but your on the right track. If surgery is offered I would inquire about your c4 --as well if you can avoid surgery down the road if that disc seems to be ok but may become more vulnerable in time.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ber237 (05-16-2013)