View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tramadol doesnt help

Its my first time here so ill explain whats wrong. Well i don't even know whats wrong yet since i just got the mri results back and i don't really understand it yet. I haven't talked to the doctor yet that's next Monday.

Impressions:
1. Prominent, moderate multilevel degenerative disc disease and moderate to severe facet arthropathy are present throughout the mid and lower portions od the lumbar spine. The most significant abnormality occurs at the l4-l5 level tere is mild to moderate central canal stenosis degree diffuse bulge the superimposed right paracentral disc protrusion. There is severe right subarticular recess stenosis with mass effect upon the transversing right L5 nerve roots.
2.Mild central canal stenosis is present at the L2-L3 and L3-L4 levels 2 small central disc protrusions.
3.No areas of neural foraminal stenosis identified.

If anyone can help me understand this that would be great. Or at least point me someplace that could explain it to me.

Second before we found out whats wrong the doctor has been giving me tramadol 50 mg. I am a big guy 6'3" and 305 lbs.(Yes i know i am fat. getting ready for gastric bypass next month) and this tramadol doesnt do crap. I have talked to him before and he just told me to double what i was taking. so now i am taking about 200mg twice a day and it does absolutely nothing for this awful back pain. it shoots from my lower back into my hip and legs down to my knees along with my groin, and thats not fun at all.

Correction the only thing tramadol does is make me itch really bad. No hives or rashes. just itching. any advice?
Corac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote