View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pipeline Stent Cerebral Aneurysm

Hi, I'm new here and although there's another LindaZ already registered here, I'm a different Linda Z. I have an 8mm fusiform aneurysm on the left central cerebral artery. I'm 42 years old, have life long migraines and I've been told that a pipeline stent (or 2 or 3) is the only real option for treatment.
I'm considering travel several states away for treatment as my Interventional Radiologist has placed 10 pipeline stents - but none in the artery where I have my aneurysm - my situation is further complicated by the fact that the artery leading up to, and away from my aneurysm is dilated abnormally which may complicate stent placement.

If anyone has had this procedure and would be willing to give me an idea of the difficulties of treatment out of state I would appreciate it. I will not have anyone who can go with me as my husband has just started a new job, which he needs, and my children are too young - they are in Highschool. Of course if something goes badly transport back home may be a moot issue, but if things go well I'm not sure if I'd have to stay to recovery for a long period of time or if I would be able to travel by car back home. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
Lindaz333 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote